König Reflex Edge
The revolutionary easiest-to-fit snow chain, specifically developed for cars with restricted wheelhouse clearance
- The double rigid arch system provides the easiest and most intuitive fitting operations ever
- The Reflex Box is the one-click automatic tensioning device, the most powerful available at König so far. Fully integrated in the snow chain design, it applies tension to all chain parts, both internal and external
- The unique design and the complete integration of the tensioning system, provide a reduced dynamic elevation and avoid interferences between the chain and the vehicle's wheel house
- Twisted cross-sections for a reduced thickness
- Low-profile inner connections
- The Wheel-Shield Level 1 offers an integral protection of the wheel from scratches caused by contact with metal parts. All components potentially getting in touch with the wheel are manufactured in anti-scratch composite material and the side elements are protected with specific nylon bumper kit. The Reflex Edge features a PE-covered arch replacing the typical side chains which might be responsible for wheel scratches
- Practical and durable bag, manufactured with 95% RPET (Recycled plastic)
- Homologations/certifications/conformity: Ö-Norm 5117, EN 16662-1
- Not suggested for off-road use
Intuitive, subtle, simply revolutionary
The chain that represents a revolution in design, ease of assembly and vehicle application.
_x000D_ _x000D_ Ready-to-go
._x000D_ _x000D_ Forget tangled chains: the König Reflex Edge arrives already assembled and does not require the typical hook-and-loop fasteners of classic chains. Simply fit it onto the tyre and tension it.
_x000D_ _x000D_ Intuitive fitting
._x000D_ _x000D_ The Intuitive or Top-Down fitting system involves fitting the chain from the top of the wheel to the bottom. Once correctly positioned, tensioning is operated with a click on the red slider on the Reflex Box.
_x000D_ _x000D_ Reduced static dimensions
._x000D_ _x000D_ The Reflex Edge is designed to minimise the static footprint in sensitive areas of the wheel arch, thanks to the use of specific solutions such as the twisted tread and low-profile connections.
_x000D_ _x000D_ Tread with special steel twisted links
._x000D_ _x000D_ The tread units of the Reflex Edge are made of twisted links that increase the points of contact with the ground compared to traditional linear links and minimise chain thickness at the same time. The choice of materials and surface treatments guarantee the necessary strength.
_x000D_ _x000D_ Automatic squared
._x000D_ _x000D_ The benefit of König automatic tensioning chains is the fact that once fitted they tension themselves while driving, and the Reflex Edge is no exception. _x000D_ A click is all it takes to activate the automatic tensioning and at the first wheel movement, the Reflex Box will tension the inside of the chain, closing it. Et voila!
_x000D_ _x000D_ But the surprises don't end there. The real marvel of the Reflex Box tensioning system is its complete integration with the outer arch of the Reflex Edge, which in turn is connected to the by-pass device and the inner arch. In fact, by connecting in series with the various components of the chain, the Reflex Box device can tension them. Let's see how.
_x000D_ _x000D_ The Reflex Box contains a high-load spiroidal spring which, when actuated, pulls the micro-cable and tension all the components inside which the micro-cable runs. A powerful and immediate tension is modulated by the internal micro-adjustment device and is distributed over all the elements in the chain.
_x000D_ _x000D_ The result is a significantly reduced dynamic footprint thanks to a chain that remains super tight under dynamic conditions_x000D_ _x000D_ Alloy wheel protection
._x000D_ _x000D_ No more side chains: The Reflex Edge brings with it a real design revolution that overturns the appearance of the snow chain.
_x000D_ This is also because the Reflex Edge does not have any outer side chains, the typical elements that can be seen on the outside of the wheel and that connect the grip units to each other.
_x000D_ The design of the Reflex Edge involves the use of a rigid harmonic steel arch instead of side chains, favouring the presence of the chain on the tyre shoulder and not on the rim.
_x000D_ _x000D_ Every component in contact with the rim is protected by a composite material that does not cause scratches to alloy rims. For vehicles equipped with low-profile sports tyres, the Reflex Edge contains a set of rim protection buttons specifically for use on side hooks in the case of low-profile tyres.
_x000D_ _x000D_ Packaging
_x000D_ _x000D_ A practical bag made of 95% RPET (recycled plastic) contains the pair of Reflex Edge chains in addition to the kit. The kit includes fitting instructions, rim protection button kit, repair links, gloves, mat and warranty sheet.
|Automatic tensioning (1 stop for fitting)|
|Manual tensioning (2 stops for fitting)|
|Quick external release|
|Wheel-Shield Rim Protection|
|Additional traction elements|
|Internal clearance||7 mm|